What you can do
Because Dakota Electric is a cooperative and owned by those we serve, we want to help you reduce the impact of rising energy costs. Below are simple steps you can take to lower the impact increasing prices have on your bill and help minimize future increases.
1. Use less energy
Using less energy reduces your bill and your impact on the environment. Dakota Electric’s Web site is full of energy-saving ideas and tools. You can check them out in the Energy Efficiency section
2. Lower wholesale power costs
Help reduce Dakota Electric’s wholesale energy bill by taking advantage of the following programs and tools.
3. Have a conversation with your legislators
Future federal and state legislative decisions on energy policy may increase your bills even more. Let your elected officials know how proposed legislation will impact you.
- First, become educated on the legislative issues that may impact the price of electricity.
- Second, visit Our Energy, Our Future to contact your elected officials.
4. Help Dakota Electric reduce costs
When you help Dakota Electric reduce our expenses, we are able to minimize future increases. Dakota Electric has a number of programs available that help reduce our expenses while saving you energy, money and time.