Some call this offer cool.
Others call it hot. We say,
You can double up on savings when combining the efficiency of a heat pump with a low-cost Energy Wise® off-peak electric rate.
Download your rebate below
or call 651-463-6243
Air-source heat pumps
Air-source heat pumps provide home cooling and supplemental heating, using 72% less electricity than conventional air conditioners and furnaces.
|ASHP||Regular Rebate||Promo Rebate*|
Ductless air-source heat pumps
A ductless air-source heat pump is a good solution for homes with non-ducted heating systems, or for room additions where installing ductwork is not feasible.
|Heating Source||Regular Rebate||Promo Rebate*|
Equipment must be enrolled in an Energy Wise® off-peak rate to qualify for the promotional rebate.
*Limited funds are available and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Rebate amounts and programs are subject to change without notice.
Why switch to an air-source heat pump (ASHP)
Recent technology advancements have made air-source heat pumps (ASHP) a valid option for homes with cold winters like ours. Because an ASHP moves heat rather than converting it from fuel, it’s one of the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems available, using 72 percent less electricity than conventional air conditioners and furnaces.
- ASHPs work on an innovative principle: Instead of directly producing heat to keep you warm through the winter, a heat pump will find heat energy in the outside air and move (pump) it into your home.
- Today’s ASHPs can effectively heat a home when the outside temperature is at or above 25° F, which equals about 65 percent of all heating hours in Minnesota. If properly set, it can serve as the primary heating source for a good part of our Minnesota winters.
- During the summer, an ASHP operates like a conventional air conditioner by removing heat and humidity from your home.
The benefits of ASHPs include:
- Energy efficient: ASHPs deliver one-to-three times more energy than the electricity they consume.
- Versatile: ASHPs can heat your home in the winter and cool your home in the summer.
- Cost effective: ASHPs can help lower your fuel bills, especially if you are replacing an older, inefficient heating and cooling system.
- Easy: ASHPs are easy to install and require little maintenance.
Dakota Electric’s rebate on ASHPs is based on the SEER rating, a measure of efficiency. Members who install a qualifying ASHP between April 1 and August 31, 2019, can more than double or triple the usual rebate.
Members must use a registered contractor to install the unit to qualify for a rebate. Rebate applications are available only through registered contractors. Search for a qualified contractor.
A ductless air-source heat pump can be an efficient heating and cooling solution for rooms without ductwork. Choose an ENERGY STAR® compliant unit and hire an installer familiar with the product and installation. From April 1 – August 31, 2019, Dakota Electric is offering members an increased rebate on the purchase and installation of a ductless air-source heat pump.
The U.S. Department of Energy is a good resource for additional information on heat pumps.