ENERGY STAR® New Home Construction Program
The building requirements for ENERGY STAR®
qualified homes meet or exceed the Minnesota Building Codes and the standards set by Energy Star. By building high-efficient homes that meet these standards, builders become part of a national effort to conserve energy and protect our environment. In addition, the program provides builders a way to illustrate their commitment to increasing the quaility of the homes they build.
Builders are also able to offer members the following
benefits with an ENERGY STAR qualified home:
• Lower utility bills
• Comfort and quiet
• Lower maintenance
• Healthier indoor air
• Environomental protection
How to Qualify
To be certified as an ENERGY STAR builder, the following steps must be taken with each ENERGY STAR built house:
• Plan review
• Framing visit
• Pre-rock visit
• Blower door/ infrared performance test
• View detailed information on home requirements (link to sell sheet)
How Dakota Electric Can Help
• Pay for a portion of the consultation costs.*
• Help builders select energy-efficient products and programs to assist in meeting the ENERGY STAR requirements.
• Provide rebates for qualifying ENERGY STAR appliances.
* A limited amount of funds are available for this program. Dakota Electric will accept builders on a first-come, first-serve basis.