Electricity use is forecasted to be especially high today. As a result, Dakota Electric is incurring high wholesale energy costs and promoting wise energy use to reduce the impact. By working together to reduce energy use, we can help keep power costs down; therefore, Dakota Electric is asking members to voluntarily conserve energy from noon until 10 p.m. with the following tips:
- Delay running the dishwasher, clothes washer and clothes dryer until 10 p.m. or the next morning.
- Instead of using the oven to prepare meals, try grilling, making meals in the microwave or dining out.
- Close your window shades and drapes to keep the sun out.
- Turn off lights, appliances and other electric items that are not needed.Do not forget pool pumps, dehumidifers or pumps for water features such as ponds and fountains.
- Set your thermostat at 78 degrees or higher.
- Join the more than 40,000 members on Cycled Air.
- Sign up to receive e-mail notices on peak and critical use days
Thank you for saving energy!