Gopher State One Call
Know what’s below. Call before you dig.
Many of Dakota Electric’s power lines are buried underground, and an underground power line can be just as dangerous as an overhead power line. Protect yourself and your property by contacting Gopher State One Call (GSOC) before digging.
- Dial 811 or 651-454-0002
- Contact at least two working days prior to excavation.
- GSOC services are free for homeowners.
- GSOC will contact the utility companies and each utility marks areas with underground utility lines using specific colors.
- Your name, address and telephone number.
- The type of work you will be doing.
- The address, county and intersecting street of the dig location.
- Where you will be digging on the property.
- When you plan to dig.
- Mark the dig area with white paint or stakes before locators arrive.
- Dakota Electric-owned lines and equipment.
- Member-owned secondary lines from the transformer to the member’s home. Although Dakota Electric locates secondary lines, the property owner is responsible for the cost of any damage caused to the lines.
- Member-owned secondary electrical lines serving a building other than your home, such as a barn, shed or business.
- Other services such as sprinkler lines or gas grill lines.