Air conditioning costs can be a large expense for many businesses. On days when energy use is high and purchasing wholesale electricity is more expensive, Dakota Electric will cycle your air conditioner condenser on and off in 15-minute increments. Your fan will continue to run. To ensure business members can maximize their savings, Dakota Electric provides two options:
- You receive a credit of 3.2 cents per kWh for the electricity your air conditioner uses.
- A rebate of $20 per ton of cooling capacity, up to $1,500, to offset the cost of installing a sub-meter and load control receiver is available.
- Does not require any set-up costs.
- Dakota Electric sends a contractor to your business to install a load control receiver in a location determined by Dakota Electric.
- You receive a rebate of $6.50 per ton of cooling load each June, July and August.
- Credit not to exceed 1/3 of the member’s monthly energy and demand charges.
- Maximum compressor size is 7.5 ton.