Energy Wise® Load Management
Your business will receive reduced electric rates by participating in one or more of the following Energy Wise® load management programs. To enroll, contact the Energy Experts® at 651-463-6243.
You have the power to reduce your energy costs. Members will benefit from reduced electric rates year-round when they agree to reduce their electrical load during times when Dakota Electric is experiencing peak energy use.
Rate 70— Full Interruption
- Lowest rate available for members.
- Offered to members who reduce their connected load to zero during times of peak demand.
- Many members use standby generators to achieve zero load, although it is not necessary.
- Dakota Electric will automatically start your generator and clomid 50mg transfer your load off-line when needed.
- Manually reducing your load to zero through voluntary curtailment also qualifies your business for this rate.
Rate 71— Partial Interruption
- Available to members who can lower their load by at least 50kW during times of peak demand.
- Dakota Electric will work with you to determine your load reduction during peak times.
- The greater your reduction, the greater your savings.
Air conditioning costs can be a large expense for many businesses. On days when energy use is high and purchasing wholesale electricity is more expensive, Dakota Electric will cycle your air conditioner condenser on and off in 15-minute increments. Your fan will continue to run. To ensure business members can maximize their savings, Dakota Electric provides two options:
- You receive a credit of 3.2 cents per kWh for the electricity your air conditioner uses.
- A rebate of generic cialis cheapest india $20 per ton of cooling capacity, up to $1,500, to offset the cost of installing a sub-meter and load control receiver is available.
- Does not require any set-up costs.
- Dakota Electric sends a contractor to your business to install a load control receiver in a location determined by Dakota Electric.
- You receive a rebate of $6.50 per ton of cooling load each June, July and August.
- Credit not to exceed 1/3 of the member’s monthly energy and demand charges.
- Maximum compressor size is 7.5 ton.
- Receive a reduced price on the electricity your water heater uses.
- Dakota Electric interrupts power to your water heater only during periods of high electricity demand, when wholesale energy costs are exceptionally high, usually on the hottest and coldest days of the year.