2020 Load Management Programs
Available for electric water heaters, electric thermal storage heaters and slab storage floor heating systems.
- The storage unit is charged at night, when energy costs are lower, storing all of the energy needed for the next day’s use.
- The storage heater releases the heat throughout the day.
- Least expensive electric heating plan available.
Available for electric water heaters, electric heaters, heat pumps, swimming pools and hot tubs.
Dakota Electric interrupts power to your equipment only during periods of high electricity demand, when wholesale energy costs are exceptionally high, usually on the hottest and coldest days of the year.
Cycled Air Conditioning®
Available only for central air conditioners.
- Receive a $39 summer bill credit or a reduced price on the electricity your central air conditioner uses. Only available for central air conditioners.
- On days when energy use is high and purchasing wholesale electricity is more expensive, Dakota Electric will cycle your air conditioner condenser on and off in 15-minute increments by sending a signal to your load control receiver.
- Your furnace fan will continue to run.
- Interruptions usually occur only on the hottest days of the year when air conditioners must work harder to keep people comfortable.
ChargeWise Electric Vehicle Charging
STORAGE: Dakota Electric’s storage rate offers members the lowest-cost off-peak electricity for charging an electric vehicle (EV), but the hours available are the most restrictive (11 p.m. – 7 a.m.).
TIME-OF-USE: A charger installed on Dakota Electric’s time-of-use rate will always receive electricity, so you can charge your vehicle whenever needed; a special meter is installed that allows the rate to fluctuate based on the time of day you charge your EV.