Dakota Electric Owned Equipment vs. Member-Owned Equipment
This graphic depicts equipment owned by Dakota Electric (in yellow) and the member (in blue). The owner of the equipment is responsible for repairs if they are damaged. Members should hire a licensed electrician when making any repairs to member-owned equipment.
Spot The Scam!
If you’re ever unsure of who is contacting you, hang up and call Dakota Electric directly at 651-463-6212 or toll-free at 800-874-3409. Our drive-through is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday and our lobby is open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Help you make payment arrangements for past due accounts. If no payment agreement is reached, service may be disconnected.
- Drive a Dakota Electric vehicle, wear company clothing and carry Dakota Electric identification.
- Allow you to verify our identity. Ask to see a Dakota Electric photo ID and have the person wait outside while you call us at 651-463-6212 to verify your account status.
- Demand immediate payments by prepaid credit or debit cards.
- Call claiming you have overpaid your utility bill, and ask you to provide personal bank account information or a credit card number to facilitate a refund.
- Call asking for social security numbers, credit card or banking information to avoid disconnection.
- Disconnect your service outside of our office hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.