SAVE EVEN MORE! Receive electricity at nearly half the regular rate by participating in one or more of the following load management programs. To learn more about a specific program, visit Energy Wise® Load Management. To enroll, contact the Energy Experts® at 651-463-6243.
Available for electric water heaters, electric thermal storage heaters and slab storage floor heating systems.
- Water is heated at night when energy costs are lower, storing all you need for the next day’s use.
- Storage heaters store enough heat energy for your entire day in the late evening and early morning when fewer homes and businesses are using electricity and wholesale energy costs are lower. The heater then releases the heat throughout the day.
Available for electric water heaters, electric heaters, heat pumps, swimming pools and hot tubs.
- Dakota Electric interrupts power to your equipment only during periods of high electricity demand, when wholesale energy costs are exceptionally high, usually on the hottest and coldest days of the year.
Cycled Air Conditioning®
Available only for central air conditioners
- Receive a $13 credit on your bill each June, July, and August, or a reduced price on the electricity your central air conditioner uses.
- On days when energy use is high and purchasing wholesale electricity is more expensive, Dakota Electric will cycle your air conditioner condenser on and off in 15-minute increments by sending a signal to your load control receiver.
- Your furnace fan will continue to run.
- Interruptions usually occur only on the hottest days of the year when air conditioners and heat pumps must work harder to keep people comfortable.
ChargeWise Electric Vehicle Charging
STORAGE: Dakota Electric’s storage rate offers members the lowest-cost off-peak electricity for charging an electric vehicle (EV), but the hours available are the most restrictive (11 p.m. – 7 a.m.).
TIME-OF-USE: A charger installed on Dakota Electric’s time-of-use rate will always receive electricity, so you can charge your vehicle whenever needed; a special meter is installed that allows the rate to fluctuate based on the time of day you charge your EV.