Please refer to this site often for the most up-to-date information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) preparedness at Dakota Electric.
Update – March 23
As a critical service, Dakota Electric continues to provide its’ communities with the safe and reliable electricity they expect. In keeping this commitment, we are taking every precaution to protect our members’ safety, and the safety of our employees. Here are the steps we are taking:
- Office closed. Our office lobby is closed to the outside public. The drive-up window remains open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Remote work. A portion of our workforce is working remotely, and we are prepared to have more team members do so — if needed.
- Plans prepared. We have staffing plans in place to ensure your power stays on. Additionally, our line crews are working staggered work schedules to practice social distancing and reduce large group interactions.
- Outside resources. We continue to work with our power supplier, Great River Energy, and our statewide and national associations to coordinate efforts and share information.
- Latest information. We are staying up to date with the latest information from the Minnesota Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control.
Currently, Dakota Electric is not disconnecting service. Please contact us to make payment arrangements if you are facing a financial hardship.
Please use the links below for your outage and account/billing inquiries. You can also call customer service at 651-463-6212 or email [email protected]. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
As the world continues to watch the active pandemic known as coronavirus (COVID-19) unfold, Dakota Electric, and our wholesale power supplier, Great River Energy, are taking steps to protect employees’ well-being to be better prepared to keep your lights on.
We are focused on maintaining a healthy workforce and keeping key personnel—such as line workers and member service representatives— available to provide the excellent service members expect from us. As a level of precaution, we have implemented our pandemic plan, including the following practices:
- Employees are practicing social distancing measures.
- We will not disconnect service during this time. Please contact us to make payment arrangements if you are facing a financial hardship.
- Our lobby is closed until further notice. Our drive-up window remains open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- For account and billing inquiries, please call 651-463-6212 or email [email protected].
Because a pandemic could impact our normal operations, we developed and refined a pandemic plan. We are prepared whether an outbreak causes a mild disruption or severe interruption of personnel, equipment and supplies.
If you are inquiring about paying your bill or reporting an outage, please use the links below. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.