This post contains outdated information and is kept for archived purposes only.

Energy Assistance Available

We want to help our members find energy assistance resources to help bring their account current. Minnesota’s Energy Assistance Program (EAP) increased the amount of funding available to help members pay costs associated with heat and electricity. Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is crucial to contact an energy assistance agency as soon as possible.

EAP helps eligible households maintain affordable, continuous and safe home energy. Services include bill payment assistance, home energy crisis intervention, outreach, energy advocacy, information about utility consumer rights and referrals.

Individuals must occupy the residence for which the energy assistance benefits are being applied and meet the household income guidelines. To apply for energy assistance, request an application or find your local service provider:

Call 1-800-657-3710 and press one.


If you need more time to pay the amount owed, we will work with you to establish a payment plan for your account. You can contact us Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 651-463-6212 or 1-800-874-3409, or email [email protected].

Other energy assistance resources available

Scott-Carver-Dakota CAP Agency | 651-322-3500 

360 Communities | 952-985-5300 

Dakota County Economic Assistance | 651-554-5611  

Goodhue County Health & Human Services | 651-385-3200  

Three Rivers Community Action, Inc. | 507-316-0610  

Rice County Social Services | 507-332-6115  

Scott County Human Services | 952-445-7751

Rent Help MN | 211