How to apply for energy assistance
We want to help our members find energy assistance resources that can help bring their account current. Minnesota’s Energy Assistance Program (EAP) recently expanded its eligibility requirements and significantly increased the amount of funding available to help members pay costs associated with heat and electricity. Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is crucial to contact an energy assistance agency as soon as possible.
If you need more time to pay the amount owed, we will work with you to establish a payment plan for your account. You can contact us Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 651-463-6212 or 1-800-874-3409, or email [email protected].
Local service providers
Scott-Carver-Dakota CAP Agency
651-322-3500 | 2496 145th St. W., Rosemount, MN 55068
952-985-5300 | 501 East Highway 13, Suite 112, Burnsville, MN 55337
Dakota County Emergency Assistance
651-554-5611 | 1 Mendota Road W., Suite 100, West St. Paul, MN 55118
Goodhue County Health & Human Services
651-385-3200 | 426 West Ave., Red Wing, MN 55066
Three Rivers Community Action, Inc.
507-316-0610 | 1414 North Star Dr., Zumbrota, MN 55992
Rice County Social Services
507-332-6115 | 320 3rd St. NW., Faribault, MN 55021
Scott County Human Services
952-445-7751 | 200 4th Ave. W., Shakopee, MN 55379
To request an application or find your local service provider:
- Call 800-657-3710 and press one.
- Visit the Minnesota Department of Commerce Energy Assistance Website.
- Contact one of the local services providers listed to the right.
- If you need help to complete the application, please call: 1-800-657-3710
- Yog tias koj xav tau kev pab los mus ua daim ntawv thov, thov hu rau: 1-800-657-3710
- Haddii aad u baahan tahay caawimaad si aad u buuxiso arjigaga, fadlan wac: 1-800-657-3710
- Si necesita ayuda para completar la solicitud, llame al 1-800-657-3710
- Nếu quý vị cần giúp đỡ để hoàn thành đơn xin, vui lòng gọI: 1-800-657-3710
Cold Weather Rule Notification
Members can avoid disconnection or be eligible for reconnection between Oct. 1 and April 30 by following steps outlined by Minnesota’s Cold Weather Rule. Your August bill statement included a Cold Weather Rule brochure with more information on program details and contact information for agencies that provide utility payment assistance.
Assistance for Military Service Personnel
If a member is ordered into active duty, for deployment or for a change of duty station, Minnesota law may protect these military personnel and their families from shutoff if they cannot pay their utility bills in full. Call 651-463-6212 to get an application and set up a payment plan. You must keep your payment plan to qualify for protection. For more information, please visit our Financial Assistance page.